wystawadwor

THE MANOR HOUSE IN KLOBKA


where: THE KUJAWY AND DOBRZYN LAND ETHNOGRAPHIC PARK IN KLOBKA - when: permanent exhibition

Manor house in Klobka was a residence of well-deserved for the Polish history the Orpiszewski family. Members of this family were participants of all Polish uprisings. A ground floor of the building was built after 1845. In the intervening years 1882-1884 a storeyed wing, where Maria Wodzinski Orpiszewski lived, was added to the manor. She was a youthful love of famous composer Fryderyk Chopin who proposed to her in 1836, however they never got married. Maria Wodzinski lived in the manor in Klobka until her death in 1896. She was buried at the local cemetery.

       The exhibition of interiors in the mansion in Klobka is divided into three parts. In the older, ground floor part of the building, the atmosphere of the manor as a residence of landed gentry, the home of multigenerational Orpiszewski family – intellectuals and patriots – was recreated. Functions and equipment of particular rooms are restored according to historical records. Antique paintings, furniture and other equipment from gentry residences of Kujawy (including Klobka) returned to the manor. In the second part of the exhibition, located in the storeyed wing of the building, there is an exhibition of paintings of Fryderyk Chopin’s fiancée Maria z Wodzinskich Orpiszewska. The third part of the exhibition is placed in historic cellars of the manor, where manorial kitchen, pantries and laundry are recreated.

Gallery Expand Collapse